This article covers the creation of a testing campaign, used to make sure all settings are correct, and that emails are delivered smoothly.
Note: If you are looking to send your first live campaign to real recipients (Baseline Test), see this article
Prerequisite - Choose (more than one) template
For an accurate test, we recommend running at least two test campaigns:
One from an external email address and one from an internal (spoofed) address.
You can also combine this with checking plain text emails (such as CEO fraud templates) vs HTML-rich templates containing many images to ensure both email styles arrive unhindered.
Before you move onto Creating the test campaign, make a note of which templates you would like to use in each test by browsing Phishing Tackle's large collection of simulated phishing email templates:
Once you have chosen your templates, it's time to send your tests. Simply repeat the process below for each test performed.
Creating the test campaign
- Click "Campaigns" under "PHISHING" on the main menu
- Click "CREATE NEW CAMPAIGN"
- Give it a simple name, e.g. Delivery Test, and leave the Tag blank
- Select a Tag associated with only 1 recipient (or a very small group)
- Choose a date/time and Time Zone to start the Campaign
- All Campaigns will default to the current time and the Time Zone set within the organisation settings
- Select Send all emails now (this is referring to whatever date/time you set above)
- Leave blank the exclusion Date Tags box
- Select Never to repeat the emails
- Select 1 Days to track the campaign, (leave Would you like to track the user replies to phishing emails unchecked)
- Select a specific email so you and/or your team know what to look out for (Leave all other settings default)
- Hit SAVE
After the status of the campaign has changed from Waiting to Started and the DELIVERED column has populated, confirm with your team that the emails have been received.
Should you require any further assistance with this article, or any aspect of our platform, please contact support.