This guide will take you through every step of the whitelisting process.
We recommend you read each step if you are unfamiliar with the process, otherwise feel free to skip to the sections below:
- Step 1 - Understand why you need whitelisting
- Step 2 - Whitelist Phishing Tackle in your mail environment
- Step 3 - Configure additional spam filter rules (If necessary)
Step 1 - Understand why you need whitelisting
It is very useful to understand why whitelisting is necessary for your organisation.
The short articles below explain the reasons behind it, and contain useful information to be used during your whitelisting process.
If you are familiar with how whitelisting works, feel free to move onto the next section.
Step 2 - Whitelist Phishing Tackle in your mail environment
Below you will find all the guides necessary to whitelist our servers within your mail environment.
If you do not see your mail environment below, please contact support and we'll help you get set up.
As we mention in the previous guides: We recommend whitelisting our IP addresses or hostname in your mail server if you're not using a cloud-based spam filter. If you are using a cloud-based spam filter, you will need to whitelist by email header in your mail server and whitelist by IP address in your spam filter.
Microsoft Exchange / Office 365
- Whitelisting by Hostname in Exchange 2013, 2016, or Office 365
- Whitelisting by Email Headers in Exchange 2013, 2016, or Office 365
- Bypassing Office 365 Safe Link/Attachment Processing of Advanced Threat Protection (ATP)
- Whitelisting by Email Headers in Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Whitelisting by IP Address in GSuite/Google Apps
- Whitelisting by Email Headers in GSuite/Google Apps
Once you have completed the required steps above, you may need to configure additional external spam filtering rules.
Step 3 - Configure additional spam filter rules (If necessary)
If you use additional spam filters (such as Mimecast, Sophos etc...) you will need to add rules to allow our mail to flow correctly.
Use the relevant guide below to configure your additional spam whitelisting.
If you cannot find your spam filter listed below, please contact support and we will be happy to help you.
Choose your spam filter
- Whitelisting in Mimecast
- Whitelisting in Sophos Products
- Whitelisting in MessageLabs / Symantec.cloud
- Whitelisting in Barracuda
Whitelisting can be complicated so if you require any further assistance, please contact our support team by clicking here.