If you're using Proofpoint's services, you can still Whitelist Phishing Tackle's simulated phishing emails and training notifications.
Below are instructions for the policies you'll need to implement in the Proofpoint console to allow Phishing Tackle to function correctly.
If you encounter issues whitelisting in Proofpoint, we recommend contacting them directly for specific instructions. You can also contact us at email@example.com
If Phishing Tackle emails are being rejected/bouncing with the following message, please see our guide on Preventing Proofpoint bouncing emails lower in this article.
- "Sender address rejected: Domain not found (in reply to RCPT TO command)"
Whitelisting in Proofpoint
To whitelist Phishing Tackle emails in your environment, please follow the instructions below:
- From the Proofpoint Admin Centre, go to Email Firewall > Rules
- Change the Enable radio button under Rule Settings to On
- Give your rule a useful ID and Description, E.G:
- ID: Phishing Tackle Whitelisting by IP
- Desc: Whitelist Simulated Phishing and Training Emails
- Under Conditions, click Add Condition and insert Phishing Tackle's IP(s) (The up to date list can be found here)
- Scroll down to Dispositions, and change the Delivery Method to Deliver Now.
How to Prevent Proofpoint Bouncing Emails
If some of your Phishing Tackle emails are bouncing with the error: "Sender address rejected; Domain not found (in reply to RCPT TO command)", please follow these instructions to resolve:
- Disable Return path headers, as explained here
How to prevent emails going to spam
If your Phishing Tackle emails are still being sent to spam or being quarantined, you must add Phishing Tackle to the Organizational Safe List in Proofpoint's admin centre.
Follow these instructions to add Phishing Tackle's hostnames or IP addresses to the Organizational Safe List:
- From the Proofpoint Admin Centre, go to Email Protection > Spam Detection > Organizational Safe List.
- Add either our hostnames or IP address. The most up to date list can be found here
Whitelisting can be complicated so if you require any further assistance, please contact our support team by clicking here.