Creating a training course within the Phishing Tackle platform is very simple. The wizard is designed almost identically to the Phishing Campaign wizard so as to be as familiar as possible.
This course will just focus on our Security Induction video (available both with and without advice on password managers, depending on whether your organisation uses them). The theory remains the same for videos, quizzes/surveys and policies, so feel free to mix and match content.
- Click "Courses" under "TRAINING" on the main menu
- Click "CREATE NEW TRAINING COURSE"
- Give it a useful name. Naming it to match the content/theme is often best.
- Choose who you'd like to to include or exclude from the training. As you can see in this example, we have it sending to All recipients EXCEPT the Finance team. We also have it set to Automatically enrol new Recipients - This means any new users that are added to the platform after the course begins will be added to the delegates list and enrolled on the course.
- Select your start date and time zone. Welcome notifications (if selected during the final step of the wizard) will send out at whatever time you specify here.
- As this course will run indefinitely for any new users, we will specify There is no end date to this training. Of course, depending on how you wish to conduct your training course you might prefer to set an end date.
- You can add or remove tags from delegates as they complete their training courses. This can be very useful if you want to chain courses together. But in this case you can see we've just given the user a "Completed basic Training" tag.
- Drag any content you wish to include in the course from the left column ("Available Content") to the right column ("Selected Content"). As mentioned earlier on, we will be using our Security Induction video (in this case with an explanation of password managers, too.) This covers a broad range of basic cyber awareness topics and is a great place to start.
NOTE: We recommend a "little and often" approach, so although you can add as much content as you like, try not to overload your users with too many videos at once!
- Hit CREATE NEW NOTIFICATION and select Welcome.
The welcome notification is very important, it is the notification that will be sent to all delegates as they are enrolled on the training course. Without it, how will they know to log in and complete their training?
- Select User (this means the welcome email will go to the recipients, and not their managers).
- Choose a training notification template. You can choose one of Phishing Tackle's pre-made templates or you may have created your own, in any case, choose one suitable for this course.
- You can delay the sending of the notification initially if you wish, but for now we will leave this blank (same as adding "0" into the field) so that our welcome notification goes out at the start time of the course.
- Add as many additional notifications as you may need. We recommend:
- A welcome user notification.
- At least one user reminder (this can be repeated, just be aware if you have no end date it will repeat indefinitely until the user completes their training).
- We also recommend adding a Manager notification here if training uptake is low and have manager details in each recipient profile.
- One completion notification.
Hit SAVE and your training course is ready to go!
Make sure to experiment with different training course and notification styles until you find your users are fully engaged.
Should you require any further assistance with this article, or any aspect of our platform, please contact support.