Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is a security process that requires users to provide two forms of authentication such as a Password and Authentication code. You can enable 2FA for your account, which will be used when signing in directly to Phishing Tackle using your email address and password. If your users use single sign-on (SSO), you can configure 2FA within your SSO application for enhanced protection.
- How to add Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) to a user account
- How to disable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) and reset recovery codes
How to add Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) to a user account
- Log in to Phishing Tackle and click the profile menu (your name) in the top right corner. Then, click "My Profile".
Click the "Two Factor Authentication" button.
- Click the "Setup Authentication App" button.
- Follow the Instructions shown and enter the verification code.
- After you have entered the verification code, click the "Verify" button.
- Once you have verified, your recovery codes will be displayed. Make sure to keep these secure, as losing your device and these codes will render you unable to access your account.
How to disable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) and reset recovery codes
If you are logged into the platform and need to disable or remove your 2FA codes, you can follow the steps below. If you are locked out due to 2FA being enabled and unable to log in, please contact our support team here.
- Click the profile menu (your name) in the top right corner.
- Click the "Two Factor Authentication" button.
- You will have the option to "Disable two factor authentication" or reset your recovery codes.