Breach Detection is the ability to automatically check each of your email addresses (Recipients) against known data leaks / breaches which is performed approximately every 24 hours.
This is a powerful feature allowing you to alert your users should their credentials have been leaked into the public domain or dark web via a data breach.
If they appear within the breach data it is strongly advised that they change their password / enable two-factor authentication as soon as possible.
- Breach Detection
- Select this option from the menu to show Breach Detection options from within your Organisation | Settings menu.
- Collect Breach Data
- Ensure this is selected if you would like your breach data to be collected.
- Add a Tag
- By adding a Tag to a Recipient who appears within the breached data, you can automatically notify them as part of a training / education course.
- Breach Intelligence
- The information collected (on a roughly 24 hour basis) will appear in the Breaches and Recipient Breaches section of the platform.
- There are reports available containing information on your users who have appeared in data breaches.