Previous step: Step 8 - Create a Training Course Email Template Stack
Creating Training Courses
Using the data we now have from our first phishing campaign, we can see which Recipients are relatively savvy when it comes to online security, and which ones need immediate training.
NOTE: This guide assumes you have a selection of tags already created (from previous steps), if you don't have them feel free to follow along using your own tags.
This guide is for assigning immediate training to recipients assigned with a "Failed Baseline Test" tag, your use-case will no-doubt be different so don't be afraid to get creative and
- Click "Courses" under "TRAINING" on the main menu
- Click "CREATE NEW TRAINING COURSE"
- We'll name this "Essential Training"
- Select the "Failed Baseline Test" Tag
- Check "Automatically enrol new Recipients - This allows any new Recipients who are assigned the same Tag to be automatically enrolled in the Training course.
- Assign the course a start time and Time Zone
- Select "Add relative training duration" and set it to 1 Week - This is useful for courses that auto-enrol new Recipients, as it allows each Recipient 1 week from when they are enrolled, rather than a set date from today
- Select the "Completed Basic Training" Tag for when a Recipient completes the training
- Select the "No Training" Tag to be removed from each Recipient upon course completion. This is just for demonstration really, there are also reports that can show you which recipients have been trained. You could also remove the "Failed Baseline Test" tag if you like at this stage.
- Drag and drop, from left to right, the videos you wish to include in your Essential Training, as we are looking at educating our Recipients on Phishing, we'll include a video on Checking Emails, Links & URLs.
- Click "CREATE NEW NOTIFICATION" > "Welcome"
- Notification Recipient: "User"
- Email Notification: "Essential Training Enrolment"
- Days after enrolment "0" (zero), or just leave this blank
- (Optional) Repeat the process, adding the following templates:
- "Reminder After Enrolment" or "Reminder before due date", selecting a reminder notification template to suit either
- "Upon course completion", selecting your Course Complete template
NOTE: You can add as many notifications as you like, including notifications to recipient's line managers (if they have one assigned within their recipient details). By involving more users in the training course, you may help to boost completion rates.
- Hit SAVE and you're done!
You have now set up your first fully automated simulated phishing campaign and training course.
Experiment with different campaigns and courses, continue to educate staff on the dangers of cyber threats and maintain vigilance within your organisation.