This article will cover allowlisting by Email Headers in a GSuite/Google Apps environment.
Please note, we only recommend this method if you use a cloud-based spam filter in front of GSuite. If you are using GSuite without additional cloud-based spam filtering in front, we recommend allowlisting by IP Address.
Part 1 - Adding Phishing Tackle's email header to the Allowlist
- Log onto https://admin.google.com and select Apps. You may need to click "Show More" if it is not visible.
- Select Google Workspace.
- Select Gmail.
- Scroll down and select Compliance.
- Scroll to Content compliance and click Configure.
- Edit the Content compliance settings to match below, then under Expressions click add.
- Edit the expression to match the settings below. The Content must be set to "X-PhishingTackle", then click SAVE:
- Edit the remaining settings as below, then hit SAVE.
Step 2 - Disable Return Path Headers
Customers of GSuite should also be aware that disabling the return-path headers will be necessary for emails to display without "Via PhishingTackle" showing in the 'From' field. This is super easy to disable, simply head into the Phishing Tackle platform settings and activate this setting: How To Remove "via tacklephishing.com" - Disabling Return-Path Header
Allowlisting can be complicated so if you require any further assistance, please contact our support team by clicking here.