How to create or edit training notifications
Within the Phishing Tackle platform there are three types of training notification:
- Reminder (after enrollment or before due date)
- Course Completion
In this guide, we will learn how to create new notifications for your training campaigns, keeping your users informed and on top of their training.
First, navigate from the Phishing Tackle Dashboard to TRAINING > Templates > Emails.
From here you will see any templates you have created, which you can edit using the WYSIWYG editor by clicking any of the titles then saving them.
NOTE: The platform does not come with built-in templates, see here for some examples of templates to start with.
To learn how to create your own, follow the steps below.
Click the +ADD NEW TEMPLATE button
This will open our WYSIWYG editor and allow you to create a fully customised notification, below we explore some of the very useful features within the editor.
- Description: Give the template a useful description. (Not visible to users)
- Tags: Assign any relevant tags to the template.
- From Name: The name users will see in their email client.
- From Email Address: The email address users will see in their email client.
- Email Subject: Give it a relevant subject for the user to see.
- Be mindful here of the 3 types of notification (Welcome, Reminder and Completion)
- Some example subjects are:
- "You're invited to a new training course" (Welcome)
- "There is still training for you to complete" (Reminder after enrollment)
- "Hurry up, you don't have much time to finish your training" (Reminder before due date)
- Congratulations! You've completed your training." (Completion)
- Source: Switches to the HTML source code of the template. Click this if you're familiar with HTML.
- Image: Click this if you'd like to add an image to your training notification.
- NOTE: you can only use externally-hosted images (you must use a publicly available URL in the URL field)
- Placeholders: Use these to add fields specific to your users. Make sure the placeholder you choose is relevant to all users (e.g. If you select "[[EmployeeNumber]]", you must make sure that field is populated for all your users, otherwise it will just show the placeholder name in the email.) Some often used examples are:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Manager Email Address
- Training Campaign Days Remaining
- Body: Within the body of the template you can add any text you see as relevant. Use any of the standard text formatting tools to help improve its appearance and clarity.
Although the content for each template will vary, we have a few recommendations below:
- Within a Welcome notification, include instructions for users to log into their account.
- In Reminder notifications, remind users of how long they have to complete the course (if applicable)
- Use placeholders such as [[TrainingCampaignTimeRemaining]] to make this simple.
- Course Completion notifications should encourage users to seek further regular training and to be on the lookout for new phishing attempts.
Should you have any questions on this or any other aspect of the platform, please contact our support team.