If you're using Proofpoint's services, you can still allowlist Phishing Tackle's simulated phishing emails and training notifications.
Below are instructions for the policies you'll need to implement in the Proofpoint console to allow Phishing Tackle to function correctly.
If you encounter issues allowlisting in Proofpoint, we recommend contacting them directly for specific instructions. You can also contact us at email@example.com
- Allowlisting in Proofpoint Essentials
- Allowlisting in Proofpoint Enterprise
- Allowlisting Proofpoint’s Targeted Attack Protection
- How to prevent emails going to spam
- Allowlisting in Proofpoint Email Protection
- How to Prevent Proofpoint Bouncing Emails
If Phishing Tackle emails are being rejected/bouncing with the following message, please see our guide on Preventing Proofpoint bouncing emails lower in this article.
- "Sender address rejected: Domain not found (in reply to RCPT TO command)"
Allowlisting in Proofpoint Essentials
- Navigate to Security Settings > Email > Sender Lists.
- Enter our IP address to the "Safe Sender list". Our IP addresses can be found here.
- Click "Save".
Allowlisting in Proofpoint Enterprise
- Click "Email Protection" in your Proofpoint Enterprise Admin console.
- Click "Organizational Safe List", located under Spam Protection.
- Click the "Add" button.
- A popup labeled "Proofpoint - Global Safe List" will appear. Use the following information in this popup:
- Filter Type: select Sender Hostname.
- Operator: choose Equals.
- Value: enter our IP addresses that can be found here.
- Click "Save".
Allowlisting Proofpoint’s Targeted Attack Protection
- Click "Email Protection" in your Proofpoint Essentials Admin console.
- Click "URL Defense", located under the Targeted Attack Protection drop-down menu.
- Click "URL Rewrite Policies".
- In the "Exceptions" section, enter our IP addresses that can be found here.
- Click "Save Changes".
How to prevent emails going to spam
If your Phishing Tackle emails are still being sent to spam or being quarantined, you must add Phishing Tackle to the Organizational Safe List in Proofpoint's admin centre.
Follow these instructions to add Phishing Tackle's hostnames or IP addresses to the Organizational Safe List:
- From the Proofpoint Admin Centre, go to Email Protection > Spam Detection > Organizational Safe List.
- Add either our hostnames or IP address. The most up to date list can be found here
Allowlisting in Proofpoint Email Protection
To allowlist Phishing Tackle emails in your environment, please follow the instructions below:
- From the Proofpoint Admin Centre, go to Email Firewall > Rules
- Change the Enable radio button under Rule Settings to On
- Give your rule a useful ID and Description, E.G:
- ID: Phishing Tackle Whitelisting by IP
- Desc: Whitelist Simulated Phishing and Training Emails
- Under Conditions, click Add Condition and insert Phishing Tackle's IP(s) (The up to date list can be found here)
- Scroll down to Dispositions, and change the Delivery Method to Deliver Now.
How to Prevent Proofpoint Bouncing Emails
If some of your Phishing Tackle emails are bouncing with the error: "Sender address rejected; Domain not found (in reply to RCPT TO command)", please follow these instructions to resolve:
- Disable Return path headers, as explained here
Allowlisting can be complicated so if you require any further assistance, please contact our support team by clicking here.