The Quiz Master provides a near-infinite number of ways to customise your quizzes and surveys to better fit your organisation's requirements.
For example, you may wish to provide feedback to users who have answered a question incorrectly, educating them immediately and allowing them to choose the correct answer.
To do this, we recommend the use of Validators.
These fully customisable settings within the properties of each question allow you to define exactly what happens when a user selects a particular answer.
In the example below, we'll look at how to create a validator on a True/False question which explains to the user that the answer should be True.
Validating a True/False Question and Providing Feedback
- Within the Quiz Master, open desired quiz/survey and select the question on which you wish to provide feedback.
- Hit PROPERTIES.
- Scroll down and expand Validation.
- Under Validators, hit the "+" Sign then hit expression.
- Under Text, enter the desired feedback you wish your users to see when they hit the wrong answer.
- Under Expression click the dropdown menu entitled Expression is empty. This will enable you to add the rules of the expression.
- You can either use the BUILD (simple) or EDIT (advanced) function to add the rules of the validation expression. In this example, we want the user to click "True", so we create an expression as follows:
As you'll see, the expression then builds itself basis the rules you choose.
NOTE, You do not need to hit ADD CONDITION to apply the changes, just ensure to save the survey when you are happy.
- Scroll back up and hit TEST SURVEY, and check that your expression works as expected.
This is just one of the many uses for Validators, and we encourage you to experiment with what works for you!
If you require any further information on surveys, quizzes or any part of the platform, please contact support and we'll be happy to help.