In this article, we will explain how to create a simple 5 question quiz. This quiz will require the user to answer 3 questions correctly to complete the quiz. The Quiz Master provides various tools for you to create the perfect quiz for your organisation's requirements, so you can use this as a template from which to expand your quiz selection.
- How to access the Quiz Master and create a new quiz
- How to configure a quiz
- How to add questions to a quiz
- How to test a quiz
- How to use validators to provide feedback to users
How to access the Quiz Master and create a new quiz
- Under "TRAINING" in the left-hand column, click "Quiz Master".
- Click "ADD NEW QUIZ TEMPLATE".
How to configure a quiz
- Click "Survey Settings".
- Once you have selected "SURVEY SETTINGS" the properties window will display.
1. Please enter a Title for your Quiz. We have selected the Title "Quiz Example - Strong Passwords".
2. Then set the Passmark percentage to 60. The Passmark percentage is the percentage of questions a delegate must get correct to complete the quiz. As explained earlier, in this example we want our delegates to correctly answer at least 3/5 questions to pass the quiz (3/5 = 60%). You can increase or decrease the passmark percentage for your own quizzes.
- Click "Input page title here" to add a useful message on the first page. We recommend using the "Suggested Text" below, this will help to clarify to the user how many questions they need to answer correctly.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: You must answer at least 3/5 questions correctly to pass this quiz. If the quiz remains in the left column, you have not answered enough questions correctly. Please retry it until you have passed and it will move into the right-hand column when you hit "FINISH".
How to add questions to a quiz
- Click "Checkbox". This will create a question with three selectable answers.
- Click "question1" and enter your first quiz question.
- Click on "Item1" and change this to your first answer. You can add additional answers by clicking the "+" button or remove answers by hovering next to an item and clicking the "X" button.
An example of an updated Checkbox with answers is displayed below.
- Click "Properties".
- Enable "Is required?" for this question.
- Scroll down on the "PROPERTIES" window and click "Data".
- Then select the correct answer(s) for question 1.
- Click "Add New Page".
- You have now created a quiz question and answers. You can start from step 1 again to add more questions and answers.
- Once you have 5 pages and 5 questions click "SAVE SURVEY".
Notes on layout/question types:
- Each page can have multiple questions and question types. The example above simply takes the tidiest approach by keeping only one question to each page.
- Best practice suggests using Radiogroup question type for single answers (such as True/False) and Checkbox for those with multiple correct answers.
- Of course, this is down to personal/organisational preference, you can use any question type you like so experiment!
How to test a quiz
Once you have created your quiz, we recommend testing it before deploying to your end-users. You can create a new training course, select your newly-made quiz during "STEP 5 - Content" then assign the course to yourself. Our knowledge base article below will explain how to create and access training courses as an admin.
How to use validators to provide feedback to users
A quiz that provides feedback to your delegates can improve engagement with the course material and help to assess their understanding of a topic. To provide feedback to delegates about the answers they have selected you can use validators. Our guide below will explain how to use validators.
If you require any further assistance, please contact our support team by clicking here.